New Stock For Rem. 700

Talk about or share information about your Ruger centerfire rifles.
ncvarhtr

New Stock For Rem. 700

Post by ncvarhtr »

I have a Rem.700 SA BDL and I want to put a new (little nicer) stock on it....I have several McMillian Mountain Rifle Stocks and HS precisions STocks and I wanted something completely differernt while still retaining classic lines.../... I've been looking at the Accurate Innovations Stocks in either Walnut or Laminated with the Aluminum Bedding Block and I was wondering if any of you have any expereience with this stock or the Company????? Any help appreciated.........
Thats my story and I'm sticking to it
faucettb

Post by faucettb »

Take a look at Richards Micro-fit in the old classic style. It's a pretty stock and really different. I'm thinking about a mannlicher in that style for my Rem model 7 in 308.
Bob from Idaho
glenn asher
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12fvss, CZ 527 American

Post by glenn asher »

AI stocks have a pretty good reputation, at least over on http://www.24hourcampfire.com
Most of those guys know their stuff, but I'm just taking their word for it, having NO personal experience with them.
I think you could do just as well, though, with something less pricey, and just have it pillar-bedded. A full-blown aluminum bedding block does essentially the same thing as pillar-bedding, but there is more of a chance that something can get out of spec. HS Precision stocks are noted for having a nice setup, but often times they can be improved by lapping into the block. Pillar bedding(done right) works just as well.
Build a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life!