Gun Safes, post your pictures

General discussion and information about the .204 Ruger.
skipper
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR 100, Custom build Lilja/Panda/Shehane/Jewell

Gun Safes, post your pictures

Post by skipper »

I've been a member of this forum for over a year now and I don't ever recall seeing any posts on gun safes. I have six kids and I wouldn't be without one. I couldn't live with myself if one of my kids or their friends got a hold of one of my guns and hurt someone. I have a safe and I would encourage every member here to get one. If you have one, use it. The life you save may be your own kid's.

Here is a picture of my Lincoln by Liberty Safes. I consider it minimum security level for a house with a lot of traffic like mine. There are always kids out in the garage where I have some pretty industrial strength tools they could use to break in. This particular safe isn't going to save my firearms from a house fire but it will save my kids and possibly my collection from a thief. I had it professionally installed by a locksmith. When he drilled the hole in the side for the Golden Rod I was amazed at how easily he got through the case. Consider a location where the sides and back of the safe aren't accessible.

Here is a dandy little unit from Stack-On. It only cost about $40 and has a very sturdy construction with electronic lock. It will mount to a wall or the inside of a drawer with the screws provided. Entry is very quick in case you have to get at your gun in a hurry.

Image Hold 'em & Squeeze 'em