FX3 question??????

Talk about hunting the hunters and their prey.
ulen mn
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

FX3 question??????

Post by ulen mn »

Well I got my saftey bonus for last year from work the other day and since my mouth calling really needs practice I spent it on a FX3. Got it home and 16 of the 31 sounds were not what the factory said they were not a real big problem the nice lady in custumer service took real good care of me in this department. Now I have the sounds I want and go out to check this thing out, next problem remote will work 15 to 20 yards away but no farther, back to the phone to custumer service Carrie, she has me pack up my remote and sends the little brown truck to come get it the next day and has another brown truck bringing me a new remote so here I sit with my new toy and no remote till monday. Question is after all this rambling has anyone else had this expierence and is a new remote the answer to my problem...... Sorry if this has been covered in another post please delete and send me the post Thanks Ulen MN :mad:
Glen
.204 Ruger Guns: Rem700ADL

Post by Glen »

FoxPro has been having some remote problems but they are taking care of them immediately. The new remote has been taking care of the problem. If it doesn't,, FP will do everything to make it right for you.

BTW-- I'm not being condescending here but you have to have both antennas pointing up. And your rifle barrel will interfere with the signal as well.
Friends Are Friends By Nature.

RIP Russ,Blaine, & Darrell!!

I don't like repeat offenders. I like DEAD offenders!!
Ted Nugent

Isn't there a minimum age for grampas??
^^^^^^
Audrey Renae told me "No there isn't"!!

Glen
ulen mn
.204 Ruger Guns: CZ 527 Varmint

Post by ulen mn »

Thanks glen...
I hope this post dont sound as if Foxpro jerking me around just the opisit they have been real good about addressing my issues like the 16 sounds they gave me were 16 sounds of my choice and not the 16 I was missing and I made it clear to them that there was 31 sounds on theFX3 so actually the gave me 16 more of my choice for free. I just want to play with my new toy :D :D :D
Glen

Post by Glen »

I don't think this is a bashing post at all. I have been reading where they were having a few problems with the remotes is all. I think you & FP are communicating well & they are fixing you up. It's good to hear that. Enjoy your new toy!!

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
BOGIE

Post by BOGIE »

I had the same problem with my FX3. Sometime the remote would not control the call from 10 yards away. I was near the Fox Pro office one day on business so I stopped and they looked at it. They boosted something on the remote( I think) to send a hotter signal. It seems better but no way will it ever stretch out to the 700 yards they advertise. The most I ever got out of it was more like 30 yards. Other than that the call is awesome.
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

BOGIE-- There has got to be something that continues to be wrong with your remote or the receiver. I don't ever set my FX3 farther than 50 to 75 yards away, but have NEVER had any problems with the remote. You have to make sure you feel the "click" on the buttons to get them to work properly. I'm sure you know this, but you have to have the remote "activated" (LED panel comes on and shows the sound number) before you can change sounds, change volume, etc. I'm also sure you know that you should not point your remote antennae at the caller, but hold the remote so the antennae is pointing straight up.

I have heard that there is something in the soil in some areas that interferes with the operation of the remote. Maybe you live in such an area??? It sounds like you live fairly close to FOXPRO's office and I'd suggest making another trip there to have them rectify this problem. There's no rhyme or reason (at least not to me) why your remote shouldn't work waaaaay out beyond 100 yards.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Hidalgo

Post by Hidalgo »

Silverfox wrote:I have heard that there is something in the soil in some areas that interferes with the operation of the remote.
Silverfox, you're a smart guy. I have read a lot of your posts.

But whoever told you that is NOT a smart guy. :roll:

The remotes are radio signals. They travel through the air. The only thing that could be "in the soil" that would be a problem is a magnetic field. Trust me brother...that ain't the problem. ;)
Gmoney
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage Predator Hunter .204 topped with a Leupy 4-12

Post by Gmoney »

What about high iron content?

Could the same issues concerning other air forms of travel (cell phones, radios, etc.) also effect remotes such as this?

Just food for thought as I am not that smart.... :wink:

Greg
WrzWaldo
.204 Ruger Guns: Remington XR-100 / Savage-Douglas-Richards

Post by WrzWaldo »

What band/frequency do these remotes operate in?
Glen

Post by Glen »

Go down to the post by Mike Dillon on this link. It might clear the air some on the remote problems & the ground content comments. HTH

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/ub ... 0#52471607

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
Silverfox
.204 Ruger Guns: Savage 12VLP purchased in June 2004 + 2 other custom .204s

Post by Silverfox »

Hidalgo-- I have to insert the contents of your post that related to my statement that I had read that there may be something in the soil that may interfere with the signal from the remote control to the FOXPRO so those reading this particular post will know what I am rebutting here:
Silverfox, you're a smart guy. I have read a lot of your posts.

But whoever told you that is NOT a smart guy.

The remotes are radio signals. They travel through the air. The only thing that could be "in the soil" that would be a problem is a magnetic field. Trust me brother...that ain't the problem.
While I may not be the sharpest pencil in the box, contrary to some other folks who posted about this area, I am "smart' enough to read what the folks at FOXPRO have researched and written about remote controls and the things that limit their range. They specifically tell us (at least those of us who are "smart enough" to read their adivice) that in order to get the best range from their remote, FOXPRO owners should elevate the caller three or four feet above the ground. FOXPRO wrote that there can be interference with the signal from the remote to the FOXPRO by setting the FOXPRO on the ground.

Like I said, I may not be the sharpest pencil in the box, but when the manufacturer makes a recommendation concerning possible interference with the signal between the remote and the FOXPRO, I think I am "smart" enough to realize that I might have problems with the signal between the remote and the FOXPRO if I don't follow those recommendations.

So, Hidalgo, while I do trust what FOXPRO said about something in the ground possibly interfering with the remote signal to the FOXPRO, I really don't trust your statement when you said:
Trust me brother...that ain't the problem.
Catch ya L8R--Silverfox
Glen

Post by Glen »

And thats what Mike Dillon said in the post I linked to. Maybe Mike doesn't know any better either. :shrug:

Ted Nugent

^^^^^^

Glen
WT

Post by WT »

[quote="Silverfox"]BOGIE-- There has got to be something that continues to be wrong with your remote or the receiver.
I have heard that there is something in the soil in some areas that interferes with the operation of the remote. Maybe you live in such an area???

Silverfox is correct on this observation. If you've ever travelled in Northern Minnesota, around the Iron Range and tried to make a cell phone call, watch TV on a portable TV at a campsite, or tried to tune in an A.M. radio station, you would realize it immediately. I'm not a rocket scientist, but I do have a degree in electronics and hold an FCC RadioTelephone Operators license. I have tuned radio transmitters from the lowly CB up to the Microwave Transmitters used by A.T.&T. ;)
Wayne,

"Aim low boys, they're ridin' Shetlands"
NRA Life Member 30+ Years